Tami Tonneson / Tonneson Strong
Personal Trainer / Pilates Instructor / Nutrition Coach / Group Fitness Instructor at TonnesonStrong
Tami has always been active. She started swimming competitively by the time she was 8 years old. Shortly after that she began trying several other activities: basketball, softball, and soccer just to name a few. Playing sports all through high school she unfortunately tore her ACL her senior year and took some time off to focus on college. After college she found herself working at an Animal Hospital and fell in love with anatomy. She loves how the body moves, why it moves, how it moves when it is protecting us from injury and the small changes we can make to help it move better. No two bodies are the same or move the same and she enjoys breaking down the mechanics of your body to help improve movement and get rid of those annoying aches and pains.
In the early 2000’s Tami’s mom at the age of 53 was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. She watched her mother's condition quickly deteriorate. Feeling helpless and wishing there was something more she could do to help her mom, she decided to make the career switch into Health and Fitness to help others build a healthier lifestyle to prevent illness and diseases. Tami’s goal is to help bring awareness to how our choices in food and exercise often dictate our overall health. Not knowing where this career switch into Health and Fitness would take her, she knew one thing, she wanted to help older adults prevent health issues by being more active and help younger generations to get active now to help prevent issues in the future.
In 2014 Tami was introduced to Young Living Essential Oils as an alternative to some of the toxic chemicals we as use in our lives daily. With health, wellness and fitness being a huge priority for Tami she started making some small changes in her daily routine to eliminate some of the chemicals around her home. She has loved learning the ins and outs of the oil industry and has found several blends that help keep her healthy, active, motivated and pain free.
Over the last 10 plus years, Tami has worked with beginners to professional athletes in one on one and group settings. She loves helping others feel better than they did when they started and challenging them to try things they may not have thought they could do. One of the best parts of her day is no two hours are the same. Tami loves what she does and why she does it. Education:
- B. S. Business Management & Leadership – Capella University
- National Academy of Sports Medicine – Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine – Performance Enhancement Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine - Weight Loss Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine - Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- Precision Nutrition - Level 1
- Peak Pilates Comprehensive Certification
- Muscle Activation Technique (MAT) Jumpstart
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America - Group Fitness
- Mad Dogg Athletics - Spin Certification
- American Heart Association CPR/AED
- One-on-One or Group Personal Training
- Boot Camp/Group Fitness
- Weight Loss/Toning/Body Mass Changes
- Muscle Imbalance Evaluation & Correction (MAT)
- Resistance Training
- Pilates - Reformer or Mat